About Everfield Press
Our mission is to provide children and teens with the tools they need to overcome emotional challenges and make a difference in the world. We publish high-quality fiction and nonfiction books and learning materials for children and teens, parents, educators, counselors, and others who live and work with building emotional literacy among young people.
We are a small personalized press.
Everfield Press publishes 2-5 books per year. Please send us details of your current work to our contact page. We are currently looking for children’s books and non-fiction memoirs.
Founded in 2008 by author and educator Karen White Porter, Everfield Press produces books that are recognized and respected for their creative, practical, jargon-free, and solution-based focus. We produce 2–5 new titles each year.
Everffield’s books and learning materials are of the highest quality. They are widely and positively reviewed.
Our titles are available through major trade and library distributors (including Baker & Taylor) and can be found on Amazon.com and other online booksellers, and in select catalogs. Everfieldbooks and learning materials are also available through our community-oriented events and press tables
Determining Whether Your Work Is a Fit for Everfield Press
If you are interested in working with Everfield, it is best to start by familiarizing yourself with our books. You may review our titles online on this website. We also recommend that you check out our books at your local library or bookstore to get a feel for our tone and style.
We do not accept the following types of submissions:
- Single biographies, autobiographies, or memoirs
- Self-help for adults
If your project is in any of the above formats, it is not right for us—even if content themes overlap with those we publish on.
We do accept
- General fiction or storybooks that build social and emotional intelligence.
- Books with animal or mythical characters that have a theme of building emotional skills
- Poetry that enlightens us emotionally.
- Material with religious or New Age content
- Non-fiction informative books with social-emotional impact statements.
Books with a message of hope.
Books that educate and inform children and adults about emotions.
Books that have international appeal and relate to our inner life.
Books that have an interest in being published in multiple languages and build emotional coping skills crossculturally.
We are looking for strong nonfiction proposals in the following categories:
Proposals must be sent by e-mail. Please submit materials through our contact form
- A cover letter briefly outlining your project, the intended audience (including age ranges), and your relevant expertise
- A current résumé
- A market analysis with a comprehensive list of similar titles and a detailed explanation of how your project differs from available products
- A detailed chapter-by-chapter outline
- At least two sample chapters (if a full manuscript is available, you may send it)
Note: For early childhood submissions, the entire text is required for evaluation. Bracketed art suggestions are appreciated, illustrations should be 300 dpi 8 1/2 x 11″ jpgs inserted in powerpoints.
- A description of your personal promotion plan for the proposed book (including both in-person and social media outreach)
Need: Why is the book needed? How is it different from similar available titles?
Purpose: Who will use the book? How will they use it?
Quality: Is the project based on need? Is the style similar to that of other award-winning, titles focusing on emotions?
Relevance: Is the subject matter appropriate for our list? Does it compete with or complement other available titles from Everfield Press?
While we do our best to offer timely feedback on your project, the high volume of proposals we receive dictates a reply time of 2–6 months.